Saturday, August 05, 2006

My New Blog

I started this blog to pass on information about food. I love food. I find food such a wonderful and tangible thing. Food history and its cultural differences are so intriguing.

Our society has moved away from the community table. We don't know our neighbors. We live in a place that we don't have to. In times past-you needed each other in order to survive. Everyone helped each other to gather and prepare food. Now we come home, turn on the TV and then maybe, if we like to eat "healthy", we dump the salad bag into a bowl. We don't even take time to pull and wash the lettuce leaves from the stalk. I don't want to live this way. It is my desire to know food, to experience food and to share it with others.

It is my hope that this blog will give me a place to explore food and a forum to pass on my findings. Sometimes this blog will include a food story, a new recipe, a report on a new kitchen tool or a restaurant review. So-come back and read us again. Stay tuned for more "Fer Food".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sI love to recycle leftovers. It's not like eating day old stuff but rather combining bits and pieces of various meals to create a whole new dish. Will share some recipes next time.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home