Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Make an avocado plant from its pit

I grew up in the Midwest. My parents always had a house full of plants. Beautiful plants. They were all different sizes and shapes. I now Live in CA and with a daily walk down the street I can view those exact plants growing wild. Growing up, we would do different experiments with planting. One of those projects was to start an avocado plant from the pit. We would space out toothpicks on sides of the pit and use the toothpicks as a support. This would enable the pit to be floated over a glass of water allowing only the bottom of the pit to touch the water. I don’t remember ever seeing a plant. But-as a kid it was fun to watch. I thought I might give it a try again and found these instructions. Give it a try and send me a picture if you do find yourself with a sprout!
-Fer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home