Thursday, September 14, 2006

Where's the Juice?

My pet peeve lately is cutting open a lime to find no juice. I squeeze and I squeeze and maybe if I am lucky I receive one squeeze worth. It may be the most beautiful lime on the outside but nothing to offer on the inside. I looked into what is recommended in selecting a juicy lime and this is what I found: Select limes that are bright green in color and have a shine to their skin. For the juiciest limes chose only the fruit that is firm and heavy for their size, because heavy limes will produce the most juice. Select limes with thin skins, avoiding the thicker-skinned fruit, which is an indication of less flesh and juice. Fully ripe limes will have lost their acidity and will be bland in flavor compared to bright green tart limes. Select those that are fairly smooth skinned, free of blemishes and do not have soft or hard spots.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I love this blog!!!!


So helpfull!!!

Thanks Jennifer

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know it has a thin skin without cutting into it? Inquiring minds want to know!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd suggest just staying away from Whole Foods produce. It is always old and nasty! I hate Whole Foods!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home