Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mitsuwa Marketplace

I finally went inside Mitsuwa Marketplace. It has had my curiosity for months! It was no disappointment. For someone like myself that adores food and packaging. This was a place of pure heaven. The food is all uniquely packaged in the Japanese way. I walked the isles in pure amazement. Everything is written in Japanese but with a tiny description in English underneath.

I think my favorite department was the meat/seafood where you can find it all cut into perfect rectangular pieces. Perfect pieces to make your own sushi or just add beauty to your own recipe. I bought Ahi and Salmon steak.

There are many dressings I am curious to try. I grabbed a jar of roasted sesame seeds to coat my Ahi tuna. I also couldn’t help myself but pick up a package of toothpicks that were beautifully packaged. In addition to the grocery, the marketplace offers a café, gift shop and book/music shop. On my next trip I plan to stay for lunch.

-Fer

Mitsuwa Marketplace
3760 Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Tel: 310-398-2113

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home