Wednesday, August 23, 2006

“R” Rockenwagner Bakery

I was thrilled to find this small bakery on my route to work. Watch out for the orange awning or you might miss it. I have had lunch a few times at this small storefront bakery. They have great sandwiches. My favorite is the Turkey and Blue cheese sandwich on the Pretzel Roll (with a side of cranberry sauce). I am in love with pretzel rolls. Rockenwagner does them right. Paninis are also available. The Panini sandwiches are stored in the refrigerated case but the staff will heat them up for you. They have a great ham and cheese Panini with grilled onions. They have a bakery display case that offers various goods from muffins and sconces to tarts and croissants. I had a "Chocolate Dipped Nut Triangle"-so good! They also offer loaves of bread to go. I would like to try their Rye on my next stop. It is cash only so be prepared.

They do all of their wholesale business out of this small shop too. The bakers arrive at 9pm and work until 4am. Rockenwagner is also preparing to open an additional café on Abbott Kinney this summer: “Three Square Café + Bakery”. Hopefully that doesn’t mean I will lose my new favorite fast lunch spot?

-Fer

"R" Rockenwagner Bakery Shop
12835 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90066
Cross street - Beethoven (Mar Vista)
Open from 8am-4pm Mon-Sat

1/18/07 UPDATE: Read here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

This is so awesome! I am so adding you to my favorites!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home