Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Since My Last Confession...


I have been working on salad dressings lately. I finally found one that can be one of my staples. It is this lemon juice vinaigrette. I made it over the weekend for a simple salad of red leaf, green onions and strawberries. It is easy and fresh!

Juice of Lemon Vinaigrette

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves, Minced
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Black Peppercorns

Combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Shake well when ready to serve. Serve at room temperature. Store covered in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

-Fer

My jelly jars are so fantastic as my container of choice to make and store the dressings. The sealed cap makes it super easy to shake the mixture and be done!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog via Taste Spotting. The lemon vinagarette looks so good, I'm definitely going to try that one - and keep reading your blog, of course. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

quite a refreshing salad dressing and departs from the usual vinagrettes

2:21 PM  
Blogger Fer said...

Hi Erin! Thanks so much for your comment!

Seth! I really liked this dressing-a friend of mine use to make it and I recently found the recipe again.

-Fer

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home