Monday, September 25, 2006

Pinkberry


I finally went! I was really curious about this new frozen yogurt joint that has made all foodie heads turn. And by no way was it a disappointment. After standing in line for 20 minutes on a Sunday night-the anticipation was killing me! Pinkberry is delicious. The yogurt is real non-fat yogurt but with less sugar than the traditional frozen yogurt (TCBY).

They have two flavors: plain and green tea. I like the plain best but I am usually a purist when it comes to food (or anything else for that matter). I added some raspberries and a small amount of granola on the side but the yogurt doesn't require any toppings.It is so delicious by itself. At the register they will offer you samples to try the two different flavors.

The yogurt is soft serve and has a slight tartness to it. It has an almost icy texture like a sorbet but it is creamier than that.

I was really curious about this newfound phenomenon as I experienced frozen yogurt as a kid and wondered if this would be the same as what I tasted back then. It was the early 70’s and I was in a health food store with my Mom when she handed me this treat called “Frozen Yogurt”. It had the same tartness as Pink Berry but it wasn’t soft serve. Back then-the yogurt was served in a hard scoop just like traditional ice cream. All good things do circle back. Pinkberry's yogurt did more than bring real frozen yogurt back-it is invading LA. We are all in love with it!

-Fer

Pinkberry
868 Huntley Dr
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 659-8285

*Update: Opening in Westwood soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home