Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bay Cities Deli


Some say it is the “best Italian source on the Westside”. I would have to agree! I often go to Bay Cities to pick up some wine, try a new olive oil or pick up a loaf of Italian bread. The bread is so fresh. Most often when I pick up a loaf it is still hot. I always have fun looking around their wine area. A lot of wine options but rare liquor options too. When I got back from Italy earlier this year I went to Bay Cities to find “Lemoncello”. Not only did they have it but offered a few different brands to try. Bay Cities is the place to find fresh Mozzarella cheese. They are the only place I have found the Burrata cheese that is used in my favorite Heirloom Tomato salad.

The deli is always very busy. You can fax your order in ahead of time if you would like to avoid the wait. I love their hot meatball sub (with extra cheese) or the hot Pastrami. It is a fun shop to browse, as I never know what I might find I’d like to try!

Parking can be a hassle. But-they have a nice parking attendant that usually makes things go a bit smoother.

-Fer


Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery
1517 Lincoln Blvd.,
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-395-8279
Fax: 310-395-1575

Hours:
Tues-Sat 9-7 Sunday 9-6 CLOSED MONDAYS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home