Monday, April 30, 2007

A Blue Gin Martini


Recently, I had my family here for a visit and we picked up some cheese stuffed olives at the farmer's market. If you haven't tried these stuffed delights, go and get yourself a jar. They are delicious on their own and fantastic in a gin or vodka martini.

The first time I had a blue cheese stuffed olive was in a gin martini at Raw Bar and Grill in Wrigleyville(Chicago). Since then, I have been on the search to find these olives and/or make them for myself. The good news is, they are easy to make and you can also find them readily available now at most markets.

A Blue Gin Martini

2 1/2 ounces Bombay Sapphire Gin
1/2 ounce Dry Vermouth

Pour ingredients over ice into a shaker. Shake. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a blue cheese stuffed olive on a toothpick.

-Fer

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah C. said...

Wow, I have to go make myself one now. One suggestion to try if you havent already.
Hendrick's gin martini with a cucumber slice. Perfect for summer!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Fer said...

Hi Sarah!
I haven't tried Hendrick's. I will-you are right, it sounds perfect for summer.

-Fer

8:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah C. said...

The best thing about it besides the taste is that it comes in a fabulous i-made-it-in-my-bathtub bottle! I have even seen it for sale at Trader Joes...

6:43 AM  
Blogger Fer said...

Sarah-
Made it in my bathtub? I can't wait to see that bottle-it sounds intriguing!

Thanks!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Rachael Narins said...

Your photos are just beautiful!

And I love Hendricks...great choice.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,
I am helping the author of a college textbook for culinary students find images for his new book about wine and food pairings. He would love to use one of your photos in his book, and we were wanting to see who we would need to talk with about using one of your images. The image we are interested in using is of the green olives stuffed with blue cheese. The images URLs are below.
Image Jpg: http://bp0.blogger.com/_8pyc-tXihiM/Rja8KPtgYTI/AAAAAAAAARo/XlCe4e64gYA/s1600-h/DSC_0061+-+Version+2.jpg


We wanted to know if you owned the copyright? If so, would you allow us to use your photo in an educational textbook?

JulieLMason@gmail.com

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Blue Gin Martini should be with BLUE GIN. Please visit: www.bluegin.cc

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home