Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mr. Snickerdoodle



Isn't it funny when you get an idea, and act on it, sometimes you find the world got the same idea memo too?

Lately-I had the notion to make snickerdoodles. So I did. Now I find that I see them everywhere. The other day, I overheard a conversation discussing how they had just had the best snickerdoodle cookie!

What's up Mr. Snickerdoodle? Why are you so popular when I thought you were only for me??(smile)

-Fer

Snickerdoodle Snaps

2-1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1-1/2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Vegetable Shortening
1-1/2 Cups Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon(rolling cookies)
3 Tablespoons Sugar (rolling cookies)

Heat oven to 400 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in bowl. Set aside.

Using a mixer, cream butter and shortening and sugar together. Make sure you scrape the sides well to properly fold ingredients. Add eggs and mix until combined.

Add the set aside dry ingredients. Beat at low speed for about 30 seconds.

Roll dough into one inch balls and roll into a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Space the balls about two inches apart on cookie sheet. Freeze the cookies on the cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes.

Bake for cookies for 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown.

*This recipe is from Cook's Illustrated. I call my version "snaps" because they are thinner and more crispy than other snickerdoodle versions I have had.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rasa Malaysia said...

Hi Fer,

Congrats, you won the DMBLGiT April. I love your pictures...congrats again!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Fer said...

Hi Rasa!

Thanks so much!

-Fer

6:59 PM  
Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

Hi, Fer,

What a beautiful blog you have here! Oh, just so you know it: found you through Tastespotting.

I made snickerdoodles once (last December) and loved it. Yours look a lot better, though: I like how thin they are.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey fer,

those cookies look great and I can't wait to try them on my own~

3:50 PM  
Anonymous eudo said...

This is my husbands very favorite receipt ...He makes ice cream sandwiches with them and boy howdy, that is heaven in your mouth!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home