Thursday, November 09, 2006

BACONNN!!!


A friend of mine recently shared a cookbook with me called “Bill’s Open Kitchen” by an Australian chef named Bill Granger.

The book is great and has many inspiring ideas. One of them is his “bacon curls”. They are very simple to make. The whole time I was making them I was thinking, “Why didn’t I think of this idea first?” It's brilliant. The bacon is wrapped to make the shape of a flower and baked.

Is it too much to say that the bacon looks beautiful? Is that possible? Please see the photo of my flowers above and you decide! The concentration of the bite of bacon is delicious and very addicting. The bites are fun to eat and you tend to forget how many pieces of bacon you are actually eating!

-Fer

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

yes please.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those things are dangerous! I think we ate the whole package of bacon in one sitting. I guess it was one of those guilty pleasures - of which I have many.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love bacon so much! This photo is beautiful (and I don't think I've ever said that about bacon), I'm so glad it was one of the winners in DMBLGIT!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home