Tuesday, January 09, 2007

White Pizzas Can't Jump


For white pizza, I use two types of cheese, fresh garlic paste, olive oil and crimini mushrooms. I start with a basic wheat crust recipe, shaped into a square and then added the ingredients one-by-one.

After the crust is rolled into the shape desired, spread garlic paste over the unbaked crust. Then, add mushrooms as a single layer spread over the crust and drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms, adding salt and pepper to taste. It is time to start the cheese layers. Add fresh grated mozzarella cheese over the top and spoon dollops of ricotta symmetrically spaced over the top of the pizza. For my small square pizza (12" x 12"), I added the ricotta dollops spaced out in nine places.

Bake on a lightly oiled pan (or use a pizza stone)in a 450 degree (preheated) oven for 15 minutes. Cheese should be melted and crust brown at edges. This is a simple recipe and a great twist on the traditional Italian pizza pie!

-Fer

p.s. The plural for the word pizza looks funny!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Recipe...I plan to try this one. Your pictures are amazing and your site will be one I visit daily.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think the plural word looks funny, I wonder what you think of the word pizzazz?

Here they are in a sentence:
My pizzas need a little more pizzazz.

I like it.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home