Tuesday, November 14, 2006

LA Fruit Carts



Fruit is one of the world’s most perfect foods. It is easily portable, healthy and sweet! When I moved to LA, I went to fruit stands all over this city.

The fruit stands are really little hidden kitchens. I enjoy watching the fruit being chopped and prepared. I named this food as one of my “Top 5 picks to eat before you die.”

The fruit is delicious but the experience is one you will not forget! My recent fruit cart is at Hampton Drive and Rose in Venice. The combination of fruits mixed with the chili pepper and fresh squeezed lime is refreshing. The stands all serve the same or similar fruit. The fruit offered is usually: watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, cucumber, jicama, mango and if you are lucky fresh coconut.

-Fer

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

jicama is one of my absolute favorite things in that whole wide world. when i remember to buy it at the store, it's worse than oreos... i can't get enough.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home