Wednesday, July 11, 2007

When do you know when you are full?

I was eating my dinner tonight when it occured to me that no one has ever taught me to stop eating. I just stop when I am full. How do we know when we are full? Is it a tight feeling in the tummy or throat? Is it just a plain boredom of what is on your plate?

I think it differs for me. Sometimes I eat more than I should but generally I eat until my body tells me I am full. I think it happens in my throat and then I know it in my stomach. I just wondered what it was like for everyone else out there?

-Fer

3 Comments:

Blogger Andreea said...

i think most of the times when i am full, i am full. i tend to eat more with my eyes and then i realize i am not that hungry after all ...

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're full when you stop thinking about the delicious food on your plate. The first several bites are like, "Aw, MAN! This food is good." Usually not much is said around the table during this phase of the meal. Then after a few minutes, somebody usually speaks up and asks about the ball game or something equally unimportant. If you're satisfied, you'll be able to sit back and have a conversation. I feel this is the healthy stopping point for eating. Of course, most of us feel the need to finish - usually out of concern for offending someone or the guilt from throwing food away, but that's our little price to pay for being polite.

At any rate, that's my theory.

7:48 PM  
Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

I have a problem judging when I should stop eating. It has nothing to do with whether I am full or not. usually, I unconsciously go through a series of Q&A with myself.
how delicious is this?
when will i get to have this dish again?
how expensive was it?

and that leads me to being 15 pounds overweight.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home