Monday, May 28, 2007

Chocolate Pearls



I love sharing food with you. It can be a new recipe I just made or a brand new love of an old favorite. Sometimes, I find a food that is delicious, beautiful and is something I have never seen before. It is perhaps an idea I wish I would of thought of first!

I was wandering around one of my favorite home shops in NY a couple of weeks ago to find a chocolate shop that had beautiful chocolate. They not only had delicious tasting chocolates but the pieces were in beautiful and unique shapes. The chocolate was from Michel Cluizel. ABC is the only shop they have in the states. There other shop is in Paris. Check them out when you can in NY. Michel Cluizel features a range of high cocoa content milk chocolates to dark chocolates from 20 different countries. They offer perfectly crafted bonbons from pralines and ganaches to gianduja and fruit flavored chocolates. I couldn't wait to get the dark chocolate pearls back home to photograph them. They have a dusting of gold, bronze and copper coatings that give them the iridescent, pearl quality to them. I also picked up a few chocolate rocks with marblized coatings. I loved the idea of a chocolate rock! Those unfortunately didn't make it home to photograph. I ate them all.

-Fer

Michel Cluizel at
ABC Carpet & Home(1st Floor)
888 & 881 Broadway New York, NY 10003
646.602.3262

2 Comments:

Blogger Andreea said...

they look so cute :) and they must have tasted delicious as well.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful. If they were stringable, I'd definitely wear them! :-D

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home