Saturday, May 12, 2007

Food Fanatics

I hope you emjoyed my week of NY! I love that city. If you have any recommendations for me for my next trip please let me know.

This weekend I am attending a Master Food Styling class that Food Fanatics offers. It is a two day workshop giving instruction on difficult styling techniques.

I was intrigued about learning the actual "tools of the trade" and science behind commercial food styling. Here on Fer Food, we make all of the food we represent and shoot. We always plan on eating it after we are finished with the story. Nothing is artifical and everything is real. We intend to keep it that way! But-in the commercial world of food, there are many behind-the-scene tricks that food stylists use to make food hold up, either under the use of the camera, or to get that perfect dalup of whipped cream. I am anxious to see what I will learn from attending this two-day workshop. Stay tuned next week.

Fer

3 Comments:

Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

oh i hope you will share some of the secrets!! I'm always curious to find out how those food stylists work.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jennifer,

It was so great to meet you! Your blog is now bookmarked ;) Also, I didn't realize you were the winner of Lara's photo contest; congratulations! I absolutely love your photo.

All the best,
Betsy

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

It was great meeting you there... let me know if you find yourself in Seattle!

-L

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home