Friday, May 11, 2007

Rice To Riches



One thing, I love most about NYC is how specialized the shops are, so why not one for rice pudding?! Yep. Every kind of rice pudding you can think of, they have. The shop is called Rice To Riches.

You can sample as many flavors as you want. They have over 20 varieties. I tried every one...give or take two or three!



The pudding is delicious. I liked the "Chocolate Chip Flirt", "Man-made Mascarpone with Cherries" or the "Honey Graham for Mr. Smith". These are all part of the "all-year around" flavors. They also offer seasonal flavors and if that isn't enough, there are always toppings...



The shop is friendly, fun and has a funny sense of humor. They have funny sayings posted like: "Limit 500 rice puddings per customer" or "All calories consumed here are yours to keep". There are 5 different size servings: Diva (smallest), Solo, Epic, Sumo or Moby (the largest).

-Fer

37 Spring Street
(between Mott and Mulberry Street)
NY, NY 10012
212.274.0008

5 Comments:

Blogger SteamyKitchen said...

Fer- so how does it taste? Is the rice still in individual "grains" or is it more mushy? What was your favorite flavor?

5:12 AM  
Blogger Fer said...

Hi Steamy Kitchen!

The texture depended on the flavor. So flavors were more mushy than others. Overall, I thought it had a nice texture. Rice pudding always tends to be on the mushy side but, I thought they did a good job on the texture. If I had to choose one flavor it would be the "Chocolate Chip Flirt". I tend to be a purist when it comes to adding topping, etc. For me to love a food, it needs to stand on its own. The small chocolate chips were a great mix with the pudding-I think it helped the texture too.

-Fer

8:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Tiffie said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that place. I miss living in NYC, I used to go there everytime I was in the area...

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard bout this place, they are really making good money from "rice" damn, what a smart idea ! Anyway, funny how they name it "pudding", they're more like sweet rice congee for me hehe, ah..I think I'll stick to kheer :)

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally tried rice to riches since I moved to NYC 4 months ago. And boy, I should've gone sooner cause I am hooked! Even more than Pinkberry which is next door

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home