Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yo... What?



Yolato! The new Pinkberry alternative is in NYC. It is a yogurt gelato and it is delicious.

I am a huge Pinkberry fan
but I have to say, this is more creamy and decadent. I loved it. It is like comparing regular ice cream with gelato. There is no comparison. Gelato always wins. If I had a Yolato in LA I would probably do the switch but since I don't, I am sticking with the Pink!

Recently, I read a post on 101cookbooks. Heidi gives an adaptation of David Lebovitz's frozen yogurt recipe in his new cookbook, "The Perfect Scoop". In this new book, David has made a frozen yogurt recipe similar, if not the same, as Pinkberry. I want to try it. Going to Yolato, also made me think I would like to try to make this new yogurt gelato. No toppings required. Plain is perfect.If you are in NYC give it a try and tell me what you think!


-Fer

p.s. Caitlin - Thanks for the whirlwind tour and your nice hand modeling!

Yolato
120 MacDougal Street (W 3rd St.)
New York, NY 10012
T: (212) 228-6303
F: (212) 228-6175

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, this cup of yolato here is "real" right ? hehe looking really good !:)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Fer said...

Hi Melting Wok-
Yep! All our food is real! Always!

It was so delicious. I ate the entire thing right after this photo!

-Fer

7:50 PM  
Blogger Parisbreakfasts said...

WOW Another place in my own backyard I have not been to and I LOVE Yogurt anything!
But I thought Pinkberry's New york version was more like milk sherbert or ice. And now they say there is no YOGURT in it :(
Grrr

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home